Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2015

The Johnny Cash Lamp

It actually has nothing to do with Johnny Cash, but more to do with his song about the Cadillac that a guy built "one piece at a time". This lamp was the same way.

I had the chimney first. I buy glass lamp chimneys whenever I find them for a dollar or less because I always seem to need them. Maybe because I like kerosene lamps?

Then I found the hobnail shade--two of them actually. I stored them away, waiting for a lamp without its glass shade to show up. Eventually they do, and eventually one did, at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore.

Now it's complete and ready for a booth. I might make a little more than I have into it, but I get such pleasure from making things useful again.

So here it is--the Johnny Cash Lamp, which joins a long line of lamps, bowl sets, casseroles, Hoosier cabinets and other vintage things we've put together, one piece at a time.

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

1 comment:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...