Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2015

The Things You Find in the Trash


Hard to believe, but there it was, sitting with a broken spool bed, a broken chair, old mattress, post hole diggers, old garden fence and other junk: a Hoosier cabinet in all her glory. It was clean-up week in the town closest to me, and as I drove down the street, I spied this beauty.


For once the seats were in the van. We'd put them in for family reunion and they were still in place. On top of that my hubby wasn't with me. I turned my van around on a dime, I swear, and was standing there trying to figure out how to get this thing in my van when two guys walked up. And one of them was a friend of mine!

They obligingly rounded up tools and tool the cabinet base and top apart so it would fit in the van, and then loaded it up for me. Men--I admit I love the way they are.

Now it's waiting for a little repair work and it will be ready for use. I am so happy to have found this one and brought it home.






Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

7 comments:

  1. Unbelievable, Sue! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a find! I can't wait to see it all cleaned up. Be sure to take lots of pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh SIGH ! What a wonderful Hoosier. Hope you went back to get more things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am so glad you rescued this great piece!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is my dream! if it couldn't happen to me, I'm glad it was you : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you keeping it to use?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...